Scheduling a workflow

May 7, 2008 at 9:51 AM
Is it possible to schedule a workflow using Workflow Starter?

We have a list containing orders with their Requested Delivery Date. We are tracking the orders that are overdue by showing a clock icon - this help users quickly identifying these orders. We need to recalculate the overdue image every nights by running a workflow that will update the image based on the TODAY date.

Thanks for your help - If SWS can't schedule workflow would you please redirect me to another solution.
Coordinator
May 8, 2008 at 10:05 PM
interesting...i guess i could make this run as a parameterized console app and then you could just schedule a task to run it. would something like that work?

sdtou wrote:

We have a list containing orders with their Requested Delivery Date. We are tracking the orders that are overdue by showing a clock icon - this help users quickly identifying these orders. We need to recalculate the overdue image every nights by running a workflow that will update the image based on the TODAY date.

Thanks for your help - If SWS can't schedule workflow would you please redirect me to another solution.

May 14, 2008 at 11:53 AM
That would be fantastic.

pzaw wrote:
interesting...i guess i could make this run as a parameterized console app and then you could just schedule a task to run it. would something like that work?

sdtou wrote:

May 14, 2008 at 2:15 PM
Just to second sdtou's request, the ability to schedule a workflow to run would be fantastic!

We have some workflows that are set to trigger on new document creation, this on a library set to receive incoming e-mail.  However, as I'm sure your aware, since SP1 was released, documents created by incoming e-mail will no longer trigger the workflow to start.

If I can schedule a workflow to run periodically, well then, problem solved / worked around, either way Microsoft can carry on taking their time to release a hotfix, and I can stop manually running a task that shouldn't need to be manually run.

Thanks so much if you can do this

Guy
Mar 7, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Did you end up finding a way of scheduling your workflow?  I am interested in doing the same thing.
Mar 9, 2009 at 9:06 AM
Not yet. We finally bought a solution called Nintex Workflow 2007 that expose 2 web method in a web service that would allow to start a workflow.